I have hit 4500 pageviews, and so I thought I’d put up a bit of information about the 5000 pageview kiriban that I’ve been considering doing for watchers. Here are the rules for if I do it:
1. The first person to take a screencap of the 5000 pageview mark and send it to me will win the free commission of a character (see commission rules below). This does not have to be exactly at 5000, but as close as you can get after it has ticked over to 5000.
2. To submit the screencap, place it in your scraps or stash and send me the link through a note—and preferably the time and date sent, in case it takes me a while to get to it. I also need to be able to identify it as my page in some way, so try to edit it as little as possible (if you need to hide personal info on the screencap, I completely understand).
3. This applies to watchers, and a winner will hopefully be announced shortly after I receive the winning note. I will try to post a journal update as soon as this happens, and begin chatting with the winner about their commission.
4. Should I not hear back from the winner about their commission in two days, then the free commission will go to the next person in line. If you have not decided what you want by the time you send the note, and you win, simply let me know and you will have up to a week to figure it out and message me with your decision before it goes to the next person.
5. The commission will be my highest priority in my free time, but I cannot guarantee an exact date for it to be finished. I will post sketches in my scrapbook for the winner to see and make sure they like it before I finish it, and I will attempt to keep the same standards as I do with the rest of my drawings while still getting the picture done in a timely manner.
6. If no one sends a note with the 5000 pageviews after a week, then I will close the kiriban. If I get no watchers sending me notes, but someone else does before 5100 pageviews, I may consider doing a free commission for the non-watcher.
Rules about the commission:
1. For the winner, I will draw a character for them as either a full-body or a portrait. This can be a character from a video game, TV show, movie, one of my characters, an OC, or whatever sort of character—PROVIDED THERE ARE VISUAL REFERENCES AVAILABLE, and it is not another person’s OC without their permission. If you can obtain references and send them to me, that would be preferred to make sure I get the right character.
2. I will not draw characters nude or in sexually explicit positions. To me, I find that drawing characters in such ways violates their dignity and is disrespectful to the original creators who may have not wanted their character to be viewed in such a manner. That’s not to say that I think all forms of nudity are bad or should be banned, I am just personally against participating in such drawings at this time—artistic or not. (This restriction does not include revealing clothing on OCs or characters that are already designed with such clothing).
3. This commission can either be done as a pencil only drawing, ink and colored pencil, or as a Photoshop drawing like how I do the profile pictures. Backgrounds will be minimal unless discussed otherwise. They will not be allowed in the styles of Shareynna in Dragon Nest Costume
or Rema Ela'tala in Dragon Nest Costume (WIP?)
because these drawings are far too time consuming for a free commission.
I would like to know if people are interested in this to know if I’ll go through with it. I’ll post another update closer to the pageview milestone to let everyone know if it’s a definite thing, and any changes to the rules if they are needed.